Self-care is a buzz word these days. It’s a truly revolutionary idea in today’s fast paced, fill-your-schedule-to-the-max society that we live in. In a world that rewards busyness, it’s good to know that it’s okay to slow down, listen to your body, and truly take care of yourself.
Self Care Practices for health
Here are seven self-care practices you can start today with minimal effort.
- Start journaling. You don’t need special tools, just a notebook and writing utensil. Put your thoughts on paper. Give your dreams deadlines. Work through your problems in an effective way.
- Use essential oils. Choose a Bioesse patch containing your favorite fragrance. If you have your own oil that you want to use, choose a blank patch and fill the reservoir yourself. Breathe deeply and let the scent of essential oil relax and soothe you.
- Move your body. Take a walk. Go to the gym and work out with some weights. Have an impromptu dance party in your living room. Get up and move that glorious body of yours regularly.
- Rest when you need to. Do not push yourself to the breaking point. It affects your performance at work and school negatively. It makes you forget things and take chances that you normally wouldn’t take. Recharge your batteries with some restorative rest because you deserve it!
- Spend time in nature. There is something very therapeutic about spending time outdoors among wildlife. If you need a reason to get outside, take your camera with you and go on a photo scavenger hunt. Pay attention to how the wind feels, what the air smells like, and how your feet feel walking on the ground.
- Give yourself 10 mindful minutes a day. Do this before you get busy with the day’s activities. Clear your mind and release tension. Breathe deeply and feel your body relax.
- Take time out of each day to do something just for you. Come up with a list of ideas that make you happy. Choose one from the list and get lost in the moment. You’ll get more done when you have something to look forward to. Add to your list as often as you’d like.
Self-care is a great way to prepare for what life has in store for you. Among the obligations, challenges, and obstacles, there is time set aside for you and your needs. It’s a great practice to get into and requires little effort and money to do.
Start with the suggested listed here and come up with your own ideas as to what feels good to you. When your heart’s happy, your mind is, too. That makes you better equipped to handle the responsibilities of your day-to-day life.
Originally posted 2016-08-09 16:36:15. Republished by Blog Post Promoter