A good night’s sleep is essential for your health and well-being. Depending on your age, you need between seven to ten hours of restful slumber each day to remain physically and mentally prepared for life’s challenges. Without enough rest, you may engage in risky behavior such as drive inattentively or make rash financial decisions. Sleep deprivation is something that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) call “a public health epidemic” contributing to greater problems such as diabetes, anxiety, and depression.
Secrets to a Better Night’s Sleep
So, what can you do to invite more sleep into your life? There are a number of effective ways to welcome the body’s relaxation response until it falls asleep. Here are five secrets to a better night’s sleep to get you started:
- Take a warm bath. A 20 to 30 minute bath before bed helps your body prepare for rest. Your body’s temperature increase of one to two degrees helps you sleep like a baby.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea. Notice the flavor and aroma. Sip slowly and enjoy a rise in temperature occurring in your body much like the warm bath we mentioned before.
- Turn off electronic devices. Opt instead for reading an inspiring book in a comfortable chair. Once you feel tired or it’s time for bed, go ahead and start getting ready to sleep.
- Wear a Sweet Dreams Inhalation Patch under your nightshirt. Allow the essential oil blend to help soothe your mind and body. Breathe in the beautiful aroma of lavender and roman chamomile.
- Use a white noise or sound machine to help you relax. Drown out annoying background sounds and listen to something calming instead. Try nature sounds like a gentle thunderstorm or ocean waves to help you get in a peaceful state of mind.
A night of restful slumber is merely minutes away. Take the aforementioned advice to heart and make sleep a priority in your life. There are plenty of ways to fall asleep naturally. By getting a good amount of sleep, you’re happier and healthier as well as a safer and more attentive driver.