Are mornings difficult for you? Do you have to drink a pot of coffee to get going? If you’re the type of person who hits snooze on the alarm clock repeatedly, you’re probably not the first to show up to your workplace. That doesn’t mean that things can’t change, though!
By shifting your perspective and focusing on the things you can control, you’re able to restructure your day in a way that aligns with your desired lifestyle. You do things because you want to and not because you have to. That’s an incredible way to welcome the new day, right?
Give your morning a better start
Here are five things you can do today to give your morning a better start:
- Get some fresh air. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is. Going outdoors first thing in the morning works wonders on waking you up. If the weather is nice, stay outside for ten to fifteen minutes soaking up the sun’s glorious Vitamin D. If it’s cold out, stand on your porch for a few minutes and let the air coax you awake.
- Eat something delicious and nutritious. Step outside the norm and fix yourself a hearty breakfast. You can always reverse the order of your meals by eating your favorite casserole at the start of the day. If you can’t stomach a big meal in the morning, make a smoothie filled with fresh fruits and vegetables as well as a source of protein.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. Write down five things you’re thankful for this morning. You’ll start to see the world differently by doing this simple task daily.
- Make aromatherapy part of your everyday. Slip on a Bioesse Tech Aromatherapy Inhalation Patch and breathe the soothing scent of your choice. Portable and long-lasting, it’s one product you’ll want to keep a supply of.
- Move your body. While the coffee brews or the tea kettle heats up, put on your pedometer and get in a few extra steps while waiting. Walk from the kitchen to the living room and back several times.
Make every morning successful by following the tips listed above. By planning in advance, you’ll be off to a great start daily. You may not have control over how the rest of the day transpires, but you’ll take pride knowing that the morning went well because of the mindfulness you displayed the night before.