Upgrade your lifestyle by emphasizing the good stuff that makes you happy.
Self-care isn’t just a buzzword that is thrown around haphazardly by the media. It’s a way of life and the ultimate trend in healthcare at the moment. It empowers you to take charge of your physical and mental health by identifying the things you need to thrive. It enhances your glow and amplifies your ability to be of service to others such as your family, friends, and significant other.
Here are five ways to prioritize self-care and maximize wellness:
- Put it on your schedule. It’s absolutely imperative that you form a commitment to yourself where self-care is concerned. If that means that you schedule it like every other important thing you do, so be it! Setting up reminders on your phone allows you to receive alerts and stay on top of the promise you made to treat yourself well.
- Go on weekly dates solo. Take yourself out on a date the way you would with someone you love. Go see a movie, have your nails done or get a massage. Even going to the mall to buy bath bombs can be an act of self-love in the name of self-care.
- Get up an hour earlier in the morning. Use your Spearmint Aromatherapy Inhalation Patch to help you feel more alert. Then, do something that you’ve been wanting to do for yourself right away. If that means journaling, pull out your favorite book and pen, and write. If doing some simple stretches is more what you’re after, get lost in the process so you can fully enjoy it.
- Partner up with a family member or friend who needs TLC, too. That way, you both are receiving the support that you need to succeed. Having someone you can talk to and who will hold you accountable for honoring your promise to yourself is essential. You won’t want to let them down by failing to spend time with them engaging in self-care rituals and activities.
- Use it as an incentive for completing your other work and obligations on time. Get what you need to get done by having something to look forward to. That’s the beauty of self-care. It can be personalized to meet your needs and to fulfill your wishes.
Give yourself the gift of time, tenderness, and compassion. Self-care is an act of self-love and a vital part of your health and well-being. When you take time to tend to your physical, mental, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual needs, you send a message to others to do the same. Your acts of self-kindness inspire people to be gentle with themselves and take good care of their bodies and minds at all times.