Life has a way of taking its toll on you. With the added pressures put on you by work, school or personal obligations, is it any wonder why you feel stressed right now? Rather than let the feeling become a familiar friend to you, do something calming to put a stop to it. There are many relaxing activities you can engage in but it’s important to find the right solution for the problem that you’re experiencing now.
Here are five anti-stress solutions you can use right now to calm yourself:
- Ease your fears with calming lavender oil. The scent calms you and helps relieve feelings of anxiety and depression. Wear an inhalation patch so you have hours of relief rather than just a few minutes.
- Drink tea. Choose a flavor and fragrance that relaxes you. Chai tea is warm and creamy. Green tea is full of antioxidants that help you feel your best.
- Do some yoga. Do a few Sun Salutations in the morning or a couple of favorite poses in the evening. Yoga involves focus so it’s a great way to get past things that are troubling you.
- Listen to your favorite relaxing music. Relaxation and meditation music is readily available on the net. You can create your own playlists and put on songs or albums while you work, clean house, and even sleep.
- Spend time with your pet. There’s nothing like the warm feeling you get when caring for a companion animal. Spend time brushing and petting them. It’s an instant mood booster.
The body deals with stress in a number of ways. It’s important to learn ways to eliminate stressors in your life and replace them with calming activities and solutions like the ones listed above. Chronic stress takes a toll on your health and can lead to a myriad of problems with your cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, and musculoskeletal system.