There are many reasons to strengthen your immune system. By the time cold and flu season arrive, you’ll be well prepared.
The immune system protects your body from foreign invaders by producing antibodies. It also helps you relax, store cells that keep all of your systems healthy, and prevents serious illnesses and diseases. There are many things you can do to strengthen your immune system. We’ve listed some of the easiest options below.
Here are five surefire ways to strengthen your immune system:
- Eat a nutritious diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, lean protein, and whole grains. There are many foods that boost the immune system. Among the best include citrus fruits, bell peppers, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spinach, and yogurt. Poultry, shellfish, sunflower seeds, papaya, and kiwi are also great options to eat according to Healthline.com. Turmeric fights inflammation and can be used to flavor the foods that you prepare for consumption.
- Get in as much physical activity as you can each day. Even if you keep a busy schedule, you’ll need to move your body as much as possible. Take your dog or child for a walk. Use the stairs in place of the elevator at work and while shopping. Make it a priority to exercise every day even if it is only for a few minutes at a time.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Visit your primary care physician regularly and come up with a plan that helps you stay on top of your fitness goals. If you’re right where you need to be weight-wise, do things that help you maintain your weight. If you need to lose a couple of pounds, increase your activity level and decrease the number of calories you consume daily.
- Find healthy outlets that help you deal with stress. You are going to need to find ways that help you de-stress when situations feel out of control. Having activities and techniques that you apply to your daily routine works well for alleviating symptoms of stress. For example, deep breathing helps tense muscles relax quickly. Journaling lets you explore feelings without sharing them with other people.
- Use the power of scent to invigorate your senses and help ease your mind while it worries. Essential oils improve your mood by allowing you to smell something familiar and pleasant. It awakens your body and mind by helping your brain associate the scent with feelings of calm or happiness.
The Healthy Me Inhalation Patch contains a 100% proprietary blend of Citrus sinensis, Citrus limon, Melaleuca quinquenervia, Lavandula officinalis, Pelargonium graveolens, and Origanum majorana. When inhaled throughout the day, it promotes good health by enhancing the immune system. A single patch provides powerful scent for six to eight hours at a time. Best of all, it can be worn discreetly under clothing and travels wherever it is that you need to go.